Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chicago484 Chicago484 is offline

Default Scroll bar and text select does not work

I have a user who cannot select text or use the scroll bar in Word 2002. He
can select menus. It works fine in safe mode or in other programs. It also
works using shift with the arrow keys. I have reinstalled, recreated
normal.dot and deleted the word data registry entry. The problem occurs
whether I use the laptop mouse or an external mouse. This is the second user
with the same problem. Both have IBM Thinkpads. Doubt any of you can solve
this one.