garfield-n-odie

Hi, Barb. If you custom order a home PC from Hewlett Packard, they
offer a full (not trial) OEM version of Office 2003 Basic preinstalled
for +$150 or a full OEM version of Office 2003 Small Business for +$300.
If you custom order a home PC from Gateway, they offer several
different full (not trial) OEM/retail/upgrade versions of Office 2003
preinstalled for +$160 to +$460. I would expect other PC manufacturers
have similar programs.

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I just purchase a new computer for use at home. It came with a trial
version of Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and when the time is up, I'll need to
purchase it. I didn't see any systems that came with Office in the bundle.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message

Hi, Goldie. Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Office are separate programs
from Windows XP, and they do not automatically come with Windows XP. Did

you

pay extra for Word or Office? Is Word or Office actually installed on

your

computer? One way to check is to click on Start | Control Panel |

Add/Remove

Programs, and see if there is an entry in the list of installed programs

for

Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Word 2002, or

Microsoft

Word 2003.

"Goldie" wrote:

I have a dell windows XP computer. I downloaded a file for work at home

jobs

and the resume template wont come up. It says it requires Word 97 or

later. I

thought my computer was delivered with the most current updates. How do

i get

it to work properly.