Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Lost" Word docs

You can set the AutoRestore interval to as little as every minute, but
you should just get into the habit of hitting Ctrl-S every time you
pause for a moment, and every time you start a new paragraph, and
_certainly_ every time you step away from the computer for a moment.

On Jun 26, 5:14*pm, cd_tx wrote:
ughhghgh are you sure there is absolutely NO way to set up auto save to avoid
losing documents due to a power blip or something??

"roybaylis" wrote:
That really helps!!!! but I can't believe I'm the only plonker to fall for
this, am I?
Have a great day.
Roy

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

They think they did make it clear. :-(

Dan

"roybaylis" wrote in message
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
To think for years I have been relying on this - to no avail.
Ignorance is NOT (now) bliss!!!
Why don't Microsoft make this clearer?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no "autosave" in Word. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"roybaylis" wrote in message
I have recently lost some Word docs, despite having autosave set to 1
minute.
Journal was switched off, so no joy there.
Any ideas?!
Thanks a million.
Roy-