Matt Fitzmaurice

Good point.

But what i'm trying to do should still work....
And it isn't...
I'm very confused.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Doing what you suggest will overwrite any personal autocorrect entries
people may have made. To most users, they won't even notice because they
haven't added any. Others, though, will be very upset that you've trashed
a lot of work they've done to make them more productive in their jobs.
Using the backup utility allows addition of company-wide ac entries to
those already on someone's system. I would at least have people run the
utility before you copy acl files.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
The goal is to do what i think a lot of firms do: Roll out a Company
specific AutoCorrect file.
I assumed that it would be a simple matter of making the changes on one
PC and then copying the .acl file onto all the other PC's.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Did you try the utility?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
I have three .acl files on my computer:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\MSO.ACL
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1036\MSO.ACL
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\3082\MSO.ACL

I think 1033 is the English language directory. That is the file i am
expecting to change.

I deleted all normal.dot files from my computer and then watched the
normal.dot that was created in Word's User Templates directory. The
time stamp on the file did not change after adding the autocorrect
entries.

Thanks

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
There can be multiple .acl files if you have different languages
active. You can also end up with multiple normal.dot files. (You only
want one per user.) I would recommend getting the utility from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm and
putting your AC entries into an editable file. You can then run the
utility to reload your edited AC.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can someone pls tell me where AutoCorrect entries are stored in Word
2003?

In "Microsoft Word 2003 for Law firms" it states that:
- The registry stores the location of the AutoCorrect file (.acl)
- Normal.dot stores the formatted AutoCorrect entries.
- The .acl file contains the unformatted AutoCorrect entries.

I've added an AutoCorrect entry in Word and the time stamp on
Normal.dot and the .acl file did not update. If the entry was not
stored in one of these locations. Where is it??

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks,
Matt