Michael

Thanks Jay. No, I'm afraid it's not the printer issue. Interestingly, I see a
fuller list of fonts in the Word 2000 fonts drop down formatting bar than I
do under Insert/Symbol and a still fuller list using the same drop-down in
the Works Spreadsheet.

A mystery. And a frustrating one. Any help would be much appreciated.
--
Michael

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 03:45:11 -0700, "Michael"
wrote:

I've installed a new font to print Romanised Pali and Sanskrit characters in
Word 2000 using XP. The fonts show up fine in the Word document, but when I
go to "Insert", "Symbol" to make shortcuts to special characters they don't
show onthe drop down menu. In fact, that drop-down shows a limited set of
fonts. All my fonts, including the new ones, show up on Character Map and
they're all listed in the Windows/Fonts folder.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Is it just the Symbol dialog, or do you also see a limited list in the
Fonts dropdown on the formatting toolbar? If the latter, choose a
TrueType-capable printer -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

--
Regards,