Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how to print post card 4 per sheet using mail merge

I don't know anything at all about Mail Merge, but remember that in the Print
dialog you can choose between Portrait and Landscape, and Word knows how to
orient the sub-pages correctly.

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 9:31:07 PM UTC-4, juntjoo wrote:
I've been told you can, and I've been told you cannot.

My experience has shown me that once you tell Word(2010) to print four
per page, or more than two it incorrectly prints them horizontally
across the page rather than vertically as it would need to be to be able
to fit all four 4.25x5.5" postcards on one page.

But not only have I been told this can be done(without given
instructions) I've found several available templates for four postcards
per page which print out correctly vertically as they are, but I haven't
put my postcards on these template yet as I don't see how that will work
either as I'm only familiar with using mail merge with one set of merge
fields, so suppose I put in the merge fields for the addresses in the
first instance of my postcard, well I imagine that will print out just
fine, but what about the other three addresses?

--
juntjoo