Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I get rid of the Reviewing Toolbar?

Add the line
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
to an autonew macro also
If you open e-mail attachments directly from e-mails (which is bad practice
and should be avoided) then the autoexec macro does not run. Save
attachments and open them from Word.

Victor Delta wrote:
I use Word XP and simply hate the reviewing toolbar - particularly the
uninvited way it pops up when opening certain documents (especially
email attachments).

To try and overcome this, I have the following in my AutoExec macro:

With CommandBars("Reviewing")
.Enabled = False
.Visible = False

However, although this works to start with, the toolbar keeps on
popping up from time to time.

Can anyone suggest a better way to bring it under control please...?

Thanks