Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I get rid of the Reviewing Toolbar?

The suggested code turns off the bar for every new document, If you want to
turn it off for every existing document then add the line to an autoopen
macro.

You will stop opening documents directly the first time you lose hours of
work by doing so.

Word 2007 has improved the way attached documents are handled.

Victor Delta wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Add the line
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
to an autonew macro also
If you open e-mail attachments directly from e-mails (which is bad
practice and should be avoided) then the autoexec macro does not
run. Save attachments and open them from Word.

Graham

Thanks for that, although I should perhaps have mentioned that I
always have Word open on my PC (it loads on booting) - so will your
autonew macro actually make any difference?

I guess you mean that attachments should first be saved to disk before
opening. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to change this habit as life
is too short when there is a quick way that works!