Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I get rid of the Reviewing Toolbar?

Yes, the AutoOpen macro runs when Word opens a document, regardless of how
you do it.

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
AutoExec runs when you start Word, AutoNew when you create a document,
AutoOpen when you open a document. But wrt the Reviewing toolbar when
opening attachments, see "Review Toolbar Annoyance" at

Suzanne

Many thanks. I think this was the article that initially inspired me to
create the autoexec macro a year or so ago. However, as you will see, the
reviewing toolbar still appears on occasions.

Graham advised creating an autonew macro to overcome this, but your post
suggests it should be an autoopen macro? Will the latter even run when one
double clicks an attachment i.e. does not use the open file dialogue box
in Word?

TIA