Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default invalid merge fields with word 2003, foxpro 9

Have you applied the registry change in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us

?
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Daniel Williams" wrote in message
I am having trouble doing mail merges within foxpro 9. There are three
separate documents involved here, linked to three different foxpro
tables with ODBC. When I open these documents in Word by itself, it is
able to merge all of them, no errors.

When I try to do this programmaticaly or with the mail merge wizard in
foxpro, strangely enough, only one of the documents merges and two of
them do not, and a ton of 'invalid merge field' errors pop up and
fields replaced with __M and whatnot. And this problem popped up only
after switching to word 2003.

Do I need to do something differently with word, like change a certain
setting in it? Or is this not a problem with word?