Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Letter Head problem....

You can save the letterhead as an AutoText entry and insert it in each
template as an AutoText field. When required, update the AutoText entry. The
drawback to this is that, if old letters are opened and fields updated,
they'll get the current letterhead. To prevent this, lock or unlink the
AutoText field upon creation of each letter.

"Matt" wrote in message
I am currently working in an office where there are lots of letters that
all
require the same letterhead. The problem is, people have left and phone
numbers change etc and I am now in the position where I have to go into
20+
letters and edit them one by one.

Is there any way to pull one letterhead into multiple word files? This way
can edit that one, and have the changes reflected in all of the various
letters.