Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stella Rivera Stella Rivera is offline

Default Table of contents entry

I'm really confused now. The format I am using does not include headings or
conventional outline numbering (no numbering). I used TOC entries because it
was the only way I could find to mark text and generate a TOC. Is it
possible to do what I need to using the TOC entries? I don't see how I can
generate a partical TOC without headings. Appeciate any help.
--
Stella Rivera

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Bookmarks. See the section "A partial table of contents" in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm. For more tips on TOCs,
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

"Stella Rivera" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can generate multiple tables of contents using TC
entries?
I am developing a student guide and the TOC is divided into Lessons and
topics. What I need to be able to do is have a separate table of contents
for each topic--it will list outline sheets, diagram sheets, etc. I know
how to apply the TC entries and have successfully generated one TOC,

however,
I don't know how to distinguish the different TOCs. The TC dialog box

allows
me to choose a table identifier and a level - but I don't know how to use
them. I have been reading and scratching my head for hours. Time to call

in
the experts. I appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks
--
Stella Rivera