lostinspace

----- Original Message -----
From: "Graham Mayor"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:43 AM
Subject: How do I insert web pictures in a word document?

But if that had worked Michelle wouldn't have bothered to post in the
first place. The method I suggested brings the image to your own hard
drive. Microsoft's security measures contrive to prevent some of the more
simple solutions to tasks.

Ray Lloyd wrote:
...or, even easier...

Right-click the image on the web and click "Copy." Then return to
your Word document and simply Paste it (Ctrl-v), either where the
cursor is flashing or make a text box and paste it in there, when
you'll be able to move it around.

It's the simple things in life I admire.

Hello Graham,
I did not want to confuse this issue.
I'm some how wondering of the inability to copy and paste is not so much a
Word problem as it is a Internet Explorer problem?

A short while back I stopped using IE and switched to Friefox.
In Firefox the copy and paste function into Word works as it should.

With Internet Explorer, rather, than inserting an image (when using copy and
paste and into Word), a hyperlink is inserted.

Odd to say the least.
Not sure if it's a security setting in IE or some type of conflict between
Word and IE.