lostinspace

----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:15 PM
Subject: Relative hyperlinks change to absolute when saving in Word 200

Just be aware that Word may come behind you and change your edited
HYPERLINK
field codes.

so
all may benefit.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
As one bit of supplemental information to "lostinspace's"
(Will? Robot? Penny?) reply:

In Word, you can edit the hyperlink paths by editing them
directly in the field codes. Press Alt+F9 to view the field
codes. Use Edit/Find to find HYPERLINK.

Can't tell you exactly HOW to modify them, however, without
knowing the folder structure (see lostinspace's reply)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Many thanks Suzanne for adding the precautionary note, however I'm afraid
we're wasting our time.
It's not likley that Cosber will make the transition from dealing with Word
to html and keep the two issues separate as I advised him previously.

"Cosber,
Once you have made the conversion from Word-Docs to html?
Html pages are straight text files with an html file extension.
These may be edited with any text editor. There are utility text editors
designed spefically for dealing with html pages and search and replace of
single or multiple lines either in a single folder or across multiple
folders."