Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Still frustrated trying to add buttons!

What is called the "customization context" is important he when you add
your toolbar button, check what is selected for "Save in" in the Customize
dialog.

"Ed" wrote in message
Additionally, I added the strike-through button onto the toolbar of the

New
doc - and now it's showing up TWICE on the toolbar for the report doc!

Can
someone tell me what's going on?

Ed

"Ed" wrote in message
It seems like adding menu command and macro buttons to my toolbars has
become specific to documents, or at least Word instances, in Word XP. I
was in Word 2000 last month, and had no problems adding a button for a
menu command or a macro to a toolbar - it would be there the next time I
opened Word, and it would be there for every document. Not so in Word
XP - a button added may not be there the next time I open a different
document.

For example, I am using strike-through a lot on my current report, so I
added the button through Tools Customize. I can open the report doc
again and it's still there. While the report doc is open, I click New -
and the button is missing! Normal.dot has been saved a dozen times

since
I added that button - but it's not there is a New doc created on Normal!

What gives??!?

Ed