Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Paste large Excel spreadsheet into Word

In the Paste Special dialog box, you can click the "Insert link" option to
insert the Excel range as a link but still choose to paste in "Formatted
Text (RTF)" format.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tricia Butler" wrote in message
Thank you so much for the responses. I did paste as an Excel object
because
there are formulas, and numbers I would like to have the capability of
changing with recalculation in the future. Is it possible to maintain an
interactive format and have the spreadsheet still expand to multiple
pages?

Also, I selected a range to insert but the object is the entire
spreadsheet
and multiple tabs. I broke each tab into a separate file, which is
better.
However, I still can scroll down to blank lines and potentially just see
blank rows or columns in my Word document. Thanks again

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that if you pasted as an Excel object, the behavior you are
describing
is to be expected, since Word does not allow objects to extend across
pages.
Instead, make sure to paste in RTF (table) format, if necessary via the
Paste Special dialog box (Home tab | Paste | Paste Special).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tricia Butler" Tricia wrote in
message
I have a spreadsheet that one and a half pages long. When I insert it
into
Word, it cuts off after one page. Is it possible to have a spreadsheet
continue to multiple pages in Word?