Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Less than helpful, guys

The limit of nine no doubt goes back to some inbuilt programming limitations
(the same that limited the MRU list to nine documents). Although it might
now be possible to program more than nine levels, the numbering might well
not be backward-compatible.

http://word.mvps.org

"That70sHeidi2" wrote in message
I'd like to bring this up again and remind people that sometimes we ARE
working on Government documents. Not a big help to limit our level
numbering.

And it's actually pretty easy to understand when you realize your
correspondence and or Requests for Additional Information have to refer to
the specifications in Section 2.5.1.1.4.6.2.1.2.1. Or to the government
regulations cited in that Section. It's actually really handy to have so
many
levels, and I honestly can't believe that they would limit such a thing
when
it'd probably be easier NOT to limit how many levels a user can create.

Because our TOC only is required to show to four places, I will number
these
manually and hope that no one rearranges or deletes any Level 10 or Level
12
items. I've now wasted an HOUR on this problem.

"F. James Little" wrote:

Is there any way to add more levels to a outline numbered list?