Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to lock background?

There is no method of preventing someone from deleting a graphic from a
document that cannot be worked around. Your best bet is to insert the
graphic (with its layout property set to 'behind text') in the appropriate
page header(s), which will prevent accidental deletion. You don't need a
text box.

Kirsten wrote:
Hi,

Can someone help a desperate swede? =) I need to know how I can lock
the picture (gif-format) that I have inserted into a Word document?
I´m making the companys stationary paper and I would like this
picture - used as background, to be locked, so no one can delete it.
When it´s locked, it would be able to wright ordinary text in the
document or do I always need to use the Text box?

Can some one help me? Thank you!