steve

Default How to absolutely fix position of objects?

I want to absolutely fix the position of an inserted object on a particular
page. No matter what text etc is inserted above it I want it to stay exactly
in the same position. But can't achieve this...

In Format Object / Layout / Advanced, text wrapping is Square, Left only,
and Picture Position has Absolute position specified (both horizontal and
vertical), with Page selected. All the Options are unchecked (Move object
with text, Lock anchor and Allow overlap).

But the behaviour is that the object's anchor still moves with the text as
more text is inserted above it. And the object stays put until the anchor
flicks over to the next page, at which point the object flicks over the page
too.

How do I keep the object exactly where I want it... same position and same
page?