AYager

I am able to make an update. I can get the DDE method to work as long as
I don't use "is blank" in the auto filter in the excel spreadsheet.

It would appear that the mail merge data interface can't cope with "is
blank" either in Excel or in Word Reciepients

Any suggestions

Anthony

AYager Wrote:
I am having the same problem as Gabbi with Word/Excel 2003, it only
occurs when I select the option "is blank" and I have the same issue
about another line with OR added.

I have tried to connect using DDE (confirm conversion on open), but I
get the error message
"Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel to
complete the current task"
Excel does get opened in the background with the spreadsheet I am
trying to link to on the windows taskbar, but after clicking OK it all
goes away again. (I have checked the MSKB and made sure that Ignore
other applications is off in excel.)

I would love some help on either making the DDE connection work, or get
the is blank option to work in OLE DB.

Anthony

--
AYager