Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default date formatting

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"********Meg" wrote in message
I have my datasource in excel and I want to have a date format that only
gives the month and day, no year. It is formatting correctly in excel, but
when I do a mail merge to word, it actually puts in the year and for that
matter is putting in 200, which in this case is wrong..it would be 2008.
How can I either get rid of the year altogether or at least make it so that
it is 2008?

Thanks
this is office 2003 on a windows xp system.
--
Meg