Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Clearing all fields after testing my form template in Word 200

Use a macro to re-apply the protection

ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset = False

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ah" wrote in message
news
Hi Stefan;

this function is great. I can reset all the fields by clicking the Ctrl A
&
F9 button after I unprotect the file. All the default text and the first
line
of the drop down list still stays after I did the steps above, It's really
great!

Is there a way for us to do that when the form is being protected? Please
advice.
thanks in advance
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In some versions, the form fields were reset when you
protected/unprotected.
It seems as if the default behavior in Word 2007 is not to reset the
fields.
But you can do this manually: Unprotect the document. Then press Ctrl+A
select all) and press F9 to update fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to
clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the
fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly
also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!