Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default how do I stop documents turning to notepad when saved

First, you need to make sure you are saving your documents as Word. Next,
you need to make sure that your computer is set to open .doc files with Word
and not Notepad or WordPad.

I suspect there's something in your Save that's gone wrong.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wild westie of the highlands" wild westie of the
wrote in message
when I complette a document or scan a copy to my docs, it is changed to
notepad or wordpad, this changes the whole doc by moving the layout. i
have
tried asking it to open it in word, but if there is any tables or pictures
it
causes the page to go crazy. as i am in the process of a course this is
driving me crazy. and am about to throw the comptuer through the window.
pleasssssse help someone.

thanks G