Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom P. Tom P. is offline

Default contacting the server for information

I'm having the same problem, and you didn't answer the question. We don't
want to have to wait for 20 seconds while Word stupidly "contacts the
server," we just want to paste plain text without having to wait. In order
for him to select the "entire the entire pasted portion and press
Ctrl+Shift+F9" we have to wait 20 seconds for Word to paste it. This is
unacceptable.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The pasted text probably includes links that need to be broken. Select the
entire pasted portion and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.

"Kristy Walker" Kristy wrote in message
I have copied text from a website and pasted it into Word. I keep getting
the
message "contacting the server for information" while the document freezes
for 10-15 seconds. This happens repeatedly. How can I stop this? I do not
need the document tied in any way to the original website, nor do I need
any
tie to HTML. (The file is saved as a DOC.)