Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saleem Saleem is offline

Default contacting the server for information

Hi Guys,

I have got quiet a few documents that when I open say "Contacting \\192....
for Information". I have tried installing a local printer as well as
CTRL+SHIFT+F9 but nothing happens. What's the probable cause and solution.

Regards

Saleem

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Suzanne answered the question asked. Yours is a different but related issue.
Use edit paste special unformatted text.

Tom P. wrote:
I'm having the same problem, and you didn't answer the question. We
don't want to have to wait for 20 seconds while Word stupidly
"contacts the server," we just want to paste plain text without
having to wait. In order for him to select the "entire the entire
pasted portion and press Ctrl+Shift+F9" we have to wait 20 seconds
for Word to paste it. This is unacceptable.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The pasted text probably includes links that need to be broken.
Select the entire pasted portion and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.

"Kristy Walker" Kristy wrote in
message ...
I have copied text from a website and pasted it into Word. I keep
getting the
message "contacting the server for information" while the document
freezes for 10-15 seconds. This happens repeatedly. How can I stop
this? I do not need the document tied in any way to the original
website, nor do I need any
tie to HTML. (The file is saved as a DOC.)