Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default In Word, how can I start numbering pages beginning with page t

In that case, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"jmls" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne. I should have mentioned in my post that I am trying to

use
lower case roman numerals (i,ii,iii,...) for the page numbers.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you're using roman numerals, you should be able to start at 0.

This,
combined with the "Different first page" setting, obviates the need for

section break.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"jmls" wrote in message
I'm using MS Word 2002.

I need the second page of my document to be labeled, "1".

I checked the Page Setup/Layout tab/Different first page checkbox and

then
inserted page numbers to no avail.

I have also tried adding a Section Break on the first page. Then

breaking
the connection between the footer on the first and second pages. Then
inserting page numbers with the "Start at:" field set to 0, but Word

keeps
asking for a number between 1 and 32766.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance!