Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default manipulating/cutting/pasting text out of a text box

You definitely want to get rid of the drawing canvas (disable it on the
General tab of Tools | Options). But if you have a drawing canvas, you also
have a version of Word that allows you to create two pages per sheet (on the
Margins tab of Page Setup, choose "2 pages per sheet" under "Multiple
pages"). You'd still need the text boxes in order to have the parallel text
structure, but at least it would be easier to create header/footer text,
etc.

If you'll tell us more about what you're trying to accomplish, we might be
able to help more.

"
wrote in message ...
One further note -- the two text boxes per page are inside a "drawing
object". Perhaps this is my problem....?

" wrote:

Hi,
I created a doc with 20 pages landscape mode and placed two text boxes

per
page side by side, linked such that the left hand box links all the way

down
thru page 20 (and all the right hand boxes are also linked.) Then I cut

and
pasted a large doc from another file into that left text box, and the

entire
text flowed thru to the linked boxes on subsequent pages, just as it

should.
Then I started annotating the text in the left hand boxes. And I

started
adding annotations in the right hand boxes.
Along the way I realized I wanted to extract all the text from the left

and
put it in a plain Doc file (and I want to do the same with all the text

in
the right hand boxes. But when I select all (control-A) all I get is

one
page worth of text (either left or right depending where the focus is).

Is
there any way to get control of the entire text in the left or the right
document?