WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Subtract formula

To subtract one field from another in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Select the cell where you want to display the result of the subtraction.
  2. Type the formula in the cell, using the following syntax: "=A1-B1", where A1 and B1 are the cells you want to subtract.
  3. Press Enter to calculate the result.

For example, if you want to subtract the value in cell B1 from the value in cell A1, you would type "=A1-B1" in the cell where you want to display the result.

You can also use cell references instead of actual values in the formula. For example, if you want to subtract the values in cells C1 and D1, you would type "=C1-D1" in the cell where you want to display the result.

That's it! The result of the subtraction will be displayed in the cell you selected.