Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funnybroad funnybroad is offline

Default WORD '07 BUG: COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NEW DOCUMENTS

According to the O2k7 Resource kit (specific page link below), if you set
your default save format to the 97-2003 formats, when you create a new
document in Word, it should automatically open the blank document in
[Compatibility Mode]. I've tried two completely different installations (one
at work with one set of media, and another at home with a different set of
media), and this isn't the case. I have to first save the new blank document
before [Compatibility Mode] kicks-in.

Excel and PowerPoint behave as described in the res. kit. New workbooks and
presentations open up automatically in compatibility mode if you've set the
default format to the 97-2003 formats.

Link to page in Resource Kit:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office...3.mspx?pf=true