Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funnybroad funnybroad is offline

Default WORD '07 BUG: COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NEW DOCUMENTS

Unfortunately, that's what I'm trying to do... avoid giving Microsoft more
money from my company. My boss wouldn't be real happy if I made him pay to
get the status of a bug/issue with Word 2007 that we didn't cause ourselves.

Also, I've posted this and numerous other questions on Microsoft's "Managed
Newsgroup", because we have 'software assurance', and although they state on
their main page: "A commitment to respond to your post by the next business
day (English only)." , I've discovered that 'commitment' doesn't necessarily
mean "guarantee".

At the end of the day, I'd be satisfied if Microsoft would just say, "Yes,
we acknowledge the inconsistency, and we're not going to fix it in the
foreseeable future"

That way, I can report that back to my managers, work around it, and move on
with our rollout to 20,000 users.

By the way, do you observe the same behavior with your installation of Word
2007?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you want help from Microsoft then you need to approach Microsoft who will
be happy to take your money. This is a user peer group. No-one here works
for Microsoft..