Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CinderCat CinderCat is offline

Default Where is the Word 2007 compatibility mode check box?

Thanks.

I stumble on this yesterday (your first suggestion), after posting. However,
while it worked in all documents I created yesterday, when I logged on today
(after shutting down and rebooting), settings were back to 2007.

It's no biggie as long as I remember to fix in any documents I save;
however, I have stumbled across some templates (for journal article
submissions) that say this is not good enough (that the button has to be
turned on).

Any idea why rebooting would have reset it to 2007?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Office button - Word Options - Save tab; set Save files in this format to
Word 97-2003 (*.doc) format.

There are additional and more precise compatibility settings in the Advanced
tab, near the bottom. But, I suspect that you want the more general one.

Another option you might be referring to can be found by clicking Office
button - Prepare - Run Compatibility Checker. In the resulting box, there is
an option to Check compatibility when saving in Word 97-2003 formats.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"CinderCat" wrote in message
Somehow it got turned off and I can't find it to check it again.