Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kassy Kassy is offline

Default Equations in Word 2007 compatibility mode

Is there anyway to get an icon on the ribbon? In Word 2003 I could just
click on the icon for equation editor and I'd like to make it that easy again
because I am a math teacher and therefore use it often.

"Mattas120" wrote:

Thanks for your very prompt help. I appreciate it.

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

You don't need to convert the document to Word 2007 docx format,
but neither can you use the "new" equation editor (aka, the OMML
equation editor). The same Equation Editor that's been included
with Office since Office version 2 is also in Word 2007. Some
people call this "Equation Editor"; others call it "Microsoft
Equation", but whatever you call it, it hasn't changed.

To access Equation Editor in Word 2007, whether in native or
compatibility mode, on the Text group of the Insert tab, click on
Object. The Insert Object dialog that pops up is similar to what
you've seen in earlier versions of Word. Select "Microsoft
Equation 3.0".

BTW, MathType 6 is also compatible with Office 2007 (and
earlier), and installs a MathType tab onto the Ribbon in both
Word and PowerPoint. For more information on MathType, and to
download a free 30-day evaluation, click the link in my
signature.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 28-Sep-2007, wrote:

I am working in 97-2003 compatibility mode in Word 2007 (in
a vista OS), and need to include equations in my documents.
'Equation' is disabled as incompatible, and Words only
suggestion is that I convert the document to straight 2007,
which I don't want to do. I am currently going back and forth
between word 2003 and 2007 to get the combination of features
I want. Is there any better work around for including
compatible equations into a document created in word 2007?

Thanks for any help.

Stefanie M