Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Equations in Word 2007 compatibility mode

Hi Peter,

The button you mentioned starts the new 2007 equation system. Bob Mathews
explained earlier in the thread that Kassy needs the old equation editor
from 2003 and earlier. It's a little more work to get a Quick Access Toolbar
button for that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
It's the giant pi icon near the right end of the Insert tab of the
Ribbon. If you want it even more convenient, you could right-click on
that icon and add it to your Quick Access Toolbar.

If you put your QAT below the Ribbon, it's easier to get at.

On Aug 17, 1:19 pm, Kassy wrote:
Is there anyway to get an icon on the ribbon? In Word 2003 I could
just click on the icon for equation editor and I'd like to make it
that easy again because I am a math teacher and therefore use it
often.