Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default OT Excel won't reduce window size. Help!

Apols OT but this ng is such magic. Trying to reduce Excel on screen so that
I can look at a directory at same time as keying into a spreadsheet. When I
select reduce, the window does not shrink and I cannot activate the
shrinking arrows at the edges. This is hugely waiting time. All other
shrinks help, eg I can shrink my Explorer or Word window to about a quarter
of the screen and want to do the same with Excel. Can anyone help? TIA.