Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default The document is not automatically adjusting to remove blank pages

Did you delete the table rows, or did you only delete the text in
the table rows? If you click on Table-ShowGridlines, you can
see where there might be empty table rows remaining in the table.
Select the rows, and click on Table-DeleteRows.

Zoya wrote:

I have a Word 2000 document that contains a table that I edited and made
significantly shorter. While the table now occupies only 6 pages, the
document keeps the old empty pages in and has 11 total. I would like to
remove these blank pages but can't figure out how.
Help!