Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How to migrate AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word 2007

So far I don't think there are any tutorials available, yet. I do know there
will be a lot of content made available after Office 2007 is released.
Essencially, like AutoText, add content in a document you want to use for a
new Building Blocks entry, select it and on the Insert tab click Quick Parts
and Save Selection to Quick Parts Gallery. (Alt + F3 still works too).

Then select the gallery for your entry, for example if you are creating a
Building Block for a page number then use Page Number so it will show up
when you open the Page Number gallery. If it's general then use Quick Parts
so it will display when you click Quick Parts on the Insert tab. The
Category will determine which heading your entry will display under. For
example if it's a signature block you are creating then create a new
category called "Signature Block". Allow the entry to be saved in Building
Blocks.dotx instead of your Normal template - these were seperated since
it's not uncommon to recreate your Normal template and this way you won't
lose them.

What you don't want to do is create a new Gallery for your entries.
Well...you can but they won't appear anywhere in the Ribbon by default nor
can they be added to the QAT (only the AutoText gallery can be added) - you
need to customize the Ribbon to add them and that requires XML knowledge.

As for the preview in the Building Blocks Organizer, this is a big request
but what it's really for is an overall view - there's no way I can actually
read the smaller print either. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Arlene" wrote in message
Beth--is there a way in the Building Blocks Organizer to make the preview
larger? These over 50 eyes are having trouble seeing much there.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Think of Building Blocks as AutoText on steroids. ;-)

The majority of the galleries, Header, Footer, Cover Page, TOC, etc
utilize
Building Blocks which are similar to AutoText in the previous versions.
In
Word 2007, AutoText is now is an available Building Blocks gallery.
Essencially this was done so AutoText entries created in previous
versions
could be easily migrated to the new feature.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Arlene" wrote in message
Are building blocks news to Word 2007? I've never heard of them before.
Thank
you for this valuable information.