Catherine

Default French (dagger) to English (curly) quotation marks

I have been attempting for a long time to find how I can automatically change
French dagger quotation marks to English curly quotation marks in a French
document: « needs to be " (in curly form), but find-replace will not change
the quotation marks. The only way that I have found so far consists in
changing the document's language from French to English (select all, tools,
language, English), making the changes in the quotation marks with
find-replace, and then setting the language again to French. I would like my
French document to insert curly quotation marks automatically. If anyone has
a solution, I would be most grateful to read it. Thank you.