Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default can PDF files be combined?

Microsoft doesn't have anything to combine .pdf files.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cayce" wrote in message
thanks to all who responded. It appears the answer is no; the PDF
creation
that Word does will not allow combining separate PDFs into a single file.

I do have Acrobat and use it all the time. It is my coworkers I was
inquiring for who do not have this tool who will welcome the news they can
now generate their own pdf files.

It seems like I read something about downloading a plug-in from Microsoft
make this available. I'll have to research a bit to give them that
information.

thanks again.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It is the Word documents that are to be inserted into the PDFs - not the
other way round.

Julie Armstrong wrote:
If you have the full version of adobe, you can convert the PDF to a
tif file. Do file save as, Tif

Then insert the tifs as pictures into Word.

(this works in the Word 2003)

"cayce" wrote in message
Is there a way to insert pages in Word 2007 generated PDF pages? We
sometimes
need to add in a large D size drawing into proposals. Our CAD dept
creates
the pdf for us, but we'd like to insert it within the pages of the
proposal
created in Word 2007. Can this be done?