WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document

To insert both page numbers and a footer in the same document, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the Page Number drop-down menu and select the location where you want the page numbers to appear (e.g. top of page, bottom of page, etc.).
  3. Once the page numbers have been inserted, click on the Footer drop-down menu and select the type of footer you want to use (e.g. blank, pre-designed, etc.).
  4. Type in the text you want to appear in the footer.
  5. If the footer disappears after you've inserted it, it's possible that the page numbers are covering it up. To fix this, click on the Design tab in the ribbon and select the option for Different First Page. This will allow you to have a different header or footer on the first page of your document, which can help prevent overlap with the page numbers.

That should do it!