Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Default Changing page number

Hi Denis,

One way to control your TOC's page numbering would be to use section breaks,
and format the numbering in each to start page numbering at the number you
want. You'll have to unlink whichever of the header or footer you've got
your page numbers in for this to work. This approach can be a bit limiting,
though, if the number of pages in your annexure are liable to change, since
you'd then have to re-set the following section's starting page number.

An alternative is to simply use an INCLUDETEXT field to import your annexure
into the main document at the point you want, whether with or without
section breaks. If you do this, your document can take care of the page
numbering automatically - the most you might need to do from time to time is
to position the cursor somewhere in the imported area and press F9 to update
the link. The need to do that can be minimised by checking the 'update
automatic links at open' option under Tools|Options|General and the 'update
links' option under Tools|Options|Print.

Cheers

"Denis Levesque" Denis wrote in message
news
Hello,

I am preparing a 100+ pages document and I will need to insert a 20 page
document as annex1, from page 70 to 90. The main document will have pages
90
to 100.

The easy way to manage TOC and page numbers is to print 20 blank pages. I

am
looking for a better solution.

I want to create a footer like Page xx of YY. at page 69, I will have page
69 of 100.

I want my next page to be page 80 of 100. I do not want to change section
and say start at 80 as the first portion of the document may change. It

may
be page 83 tomorrow.

I have tried Page {{page}+20} of {{numpages}+20} but then my TOC is not
correct.

I would like to have something like Pageref=pageref+20 so my TOC is

correct

Any suggestions?

Thanks