Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Larry Root Larry Root is offline

Default Capitalizing and shading merged fields

I'm using Word 2002 SP 3, and could not figure out how to automatically
capitalize a merge field when it was entered as the first word in a sentence.

Thanks to Graham Mayor, who answered an earlier thread with a link to his
paper on formatting Word fields, which answered my problem.

And I could not force Word to print the merged document with the fields
shaded so that I could more easily QC it.

Thanks to Peter Jamieson and Doug Robbins whose answers in an earlier thread
told how to un-do the shading, which -- reversed -- solved that problem.

So my sincere thanks to all who post answers here, you've created a truely
helpful site.

Very respectfully,
Larry Root