Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CrystalA via OfficeKB.com CrystalA via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default TOC Formatting Trouble

I'll have to look into the settings. When people opened the document the TOC
was shaded gray and all the pages were the same. The user would have to push
F9 i order to update the numbers on the TOC. It was a bit inconvenient.

I ended up unlinking the TOC from the document and saving it as a new copy. I
have the original file saved and I'm going to keep fiddling with some of the
suggestions to see if I can find out anything else.

Thank you for the things to consider and check on.