Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I move all my excel and word files to new computer

I would advise that "creating a simple network" may be beyond the
capabilities of many users (including me, apparently), and that getting the
two computers in physical proximity will be required. Obviously, this is
easier is one is a laptop; in the case of two desktops (my situation), it
wouldn't have been practical. I did briefly consider getting a wireless
adapter for one or the other of the machines so as to use the wireless
network already established, but the USB HD proved to be a lot simpler and
can be used for routine backups as well.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Both computers will undoubtedly have an ethernet port. Obtain a crossover
network cable from your local computer shop and create a simple network to
copy the My Documents content from one to the other. Microsoft Office you
will have to install on the laptop.

klaus wrote:
I recently purchased new laptop and want to move all my Microsoft
2007 Home and School to my new computer. Both computers run 2007. Do
I have to copy each file fromold and move to new or is there a more
efficient way to do this??