Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teacher Teacher is offline

Default Select text column in Word

Thanks, Herb, but that's not the one. The shortcut I'm thinking of
allowed you to select only the middle of the lines, not all the way to
the end and then down to the next, but only the middle. It was very
handy to cut and paste, for example, a column of phone numbers that you
hadn't put in column format to begin with.

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
Press the Alt key and drag using the left mouse button.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Teacher" wrote in message
ups.com...
There is a shortcut out there somewhere to allow you to select only a
central block of text - that is, text that isn't necessarily already in
a column, but you want to select only the middle section of a paragraph
of text. Does anyone recall it? (It's not the Ctrl-Shift-F8 one-I've
tried that)