Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Having side by side tables or columns

You just start with a two-column, one-row table. Write stuff in each column.
When you come to the next place where the contents of the two columns must
align with each other, press the Tab key at the end of the right-hand
column, or click Table Insert Rows Below, to start a new table row.

The table's borders don't have to be printable. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm.

If you need to know more about tables, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hellie wrote:
And will I find the manner of doing it on the website?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For this you will need a table instead.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Hellie" wrote in message
I want to create side by side columns (like newspaper columns), but
I want to be able to insert text in each column as I progress down
the page. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I can create
the columns, but I don't know how to make them both accessible at
the same time. Can someone help me? Thanks.