Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default pick out all italicized words?

Running a macro containing the following code will make a concordance table containing the italicized words:

Dim myrange As Range
Dim Source As Document, Target As Document
Dim ttable As Table
Set Source = ActiveDocument
Set Target = Documents.Add
Set ttable = Target.Tables.Add(Target.Range, 1, 2)
Source.Activate
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.Font.Italic = True
With Selection.Find
Do While .Execute(FindText:="", Forward:=True, _
MatchWildcards:=False, Wrap:=wdFindStop, MatchCase:=False) = True
With ttable
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 1).Range.Text = Selection.Range
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 2).Range.Text = Selection.Range
.Rows.Add
End With
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
Selection.MoveRight wdCharacter, 1
Loop
End With
ttable.Rows(ttable.Rows.Count).Delete
Target.Activate

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gordon J. Rattray" wrote in message ...
Hi there,

I've got my 120 page document and pretty well all the highlights of the document are in italics as I did that so the reader could see emphasized words. These italicized words would make the perfect index.

I know the find mechanism can find just the italic words, but seems only one by one....

Now, how can I pick out all the italicized words and put them into a concordance file to automark index entries?

Thanks,

Gordon