Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] rodney@antipodeans.com.au is offline

Default Duplex Printing Landscape

On Monday, 28 September 2015 18:54:30 UTC+10, wrote:
On Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 12:27:54 AM UTC+1, Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:52:46 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

This is what you want, isn't it? To have the top of all pages on the left?

As I said, I want to print a landscape document on both sides, so flipping
along the long axis shows the second side the right way up.

Another way of looking at it: if you hold the document up to the light in
landscape format, the reverse side is upside down. Any clearer?

I completely understand and I'm having the same problem. If I download a landscape oriented document in Microsoft Word and print it, I get the following options:

flip on short edge
flip on long edge

I too want to print my LANDSCAPE docx from GoogleDocs on two sides so that the document flips on the long edge. Right now, it seems the only way I can print a landscape doc on 2 sides is to have it flip on the short edge.

So it seems it's just a lack of features in GoogleDoc print options in that it does not allow you to choose which edge to flip the document on for 2 sided printing.

??? the original post is from 2008 and they haven't fixed it yet??

C.

I had this problem too! The following worked for me:

Create a PDF of the document, then open the PDF and rotate the second page before printing. Did exactly what I wanted.

Hope this helps someone!