CyberTaz

I don't understand your question. The merge document changes nothing about
the form doc or the record source used for the merge. It is simply a
'composite' consisting of one copy of the form document for each record in
the record source. In other words, data from the XL file is copied into the
document.

If you need to update the data stored in the XL file, that is where it
should be done. Then do the merge again. Editing the merge document will not
update the XL data file.

HTH |:)

On 8/18/05 1:35 AM, in article
, "Mail Merge Help" Mail
Merge
wrote:

After I mail merge to a new document from a Excel data source. I want to
convert this document back to excel with the updated. Is there away to do
this.

Thanks