Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

Default WORD 2007 TAKES A VERY LONG TIME TO LOAD ANY IDEAS?

As you give no information at all about your system (operating system,
processor speed, available RAM et cetera) it is very difficult to give
you an answer.
If you are running Vista with less than 2GB RAM, then you will be
well-advised to increase your RAM to 2GB.
1 GB is not enough if you are working on large files.

If you have other programs running at the same time, these may also
slow down your computer. Virus scanners are notorious in this respect.

Kind regards,

Rob.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:18:02 -0700,
?B?UmljaGFyZCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?= Richard
wrote:

Having just installed Office 2007 I find it takes a very long time to load
up. Get a message like "configuring Word...." or similar. Any ideas how I can
speed it up?
Many thanks
Richard