TriumphWriter2

The hyperlink thing was helpful, but we actually do want to keep the TOC
entries as links, so that readers can move easily throught the document.

I ended up fixing it by creating a new TOC. I opened Insert - Reference -
Index and Tables, and in the TOC tab, chose "Modify." This let me alter each
level of the table, so I changed the font of each to black. When I opened
Index and Tables, all the text showed blue, so there is clearly some sort of
default formatting at work here, but why that should be I do not know.

Again, I thank you both for your help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ordinarily, however, the hyperlinks, even though they are formatted with the
Hyperlink style (as can be seen by clicking in one of the TOC entries) do
not display the blue color and underline unless you unlink the TOC, so this
is definitely anomalous behavior.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?VHJpdW1waFdyaXRlcjI=?=,

Every time I update the table of contents field in my documents, the

whole
field turns blue. How do I stop this?

You should always mention the versin of Office involved in a problem.

I'm guessing that the TOC is showing the entries as hyperlinks. If you

press
Alt+F9 to toggle on the field codes, do you see a \h switch in the TOC

field?
If you delete that, Alt+F9 again, then update the field does the problem

go
away?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland